I’d like to present a topic for conversation – I want to hear from other experts on sex, parenting, and trauma recovery about what is normal childhood exploration and expression of sexuality and what is child sexual abuse? There’s been a lot of talk over the last week about Lena Dunham’s memoir detailing her explorations of anatomy, pleasure, affection, and sexual expression during her childhood. If you haven’t heard about this, here are a few articles to consider:
- Terran Tout (Thought Catalog): Is Lena Dunham A Sexual Predator?
- Ksenia Edwards (Thought Catalog): Distorted Truths—In Support of Lena Dunham
- Emily Tess Katz (HuffingtonPost): Child Psychologist: Lena Dunham’s Book Details ‘Normal’ Sexual Exploration
- Tracy Clark-Flory (Salon): Child therapists: Stop freaking out about Lena Dunham
- Emanuella Grinberg (CNN): What Lena Dunham controversy can teach parents about kids and sex