Supervision for therapists and sex therapists is available for practitioners who want to work privately or in a group setting with a PhD Board Certified, Master Level, Expert therapist, Dr. Tammy Nelson. Supervision with Dr. Nelson will give you a chance to share your cases and hear ample feedback and receive interventions and direction from a provider with special topics and expertise in couples therapy, sexuality, and infidelity.
Supervision with Dr. Tammy Nelson is:
- For beginners and advanced practitioners who want to work individually on supervision hours
- For practitioners who want to consult on specific cases or special topics
- For practitioners who want to work in a group on their supervision hours
- Limited to 4 participants (for groups) to provide optimum participation
- Designed to support sex therapists and counselors toward AASECT certification
- Available upon request for LPCs and other practitioners
- Available in a format to suit your needs (phone, in-person, Skype, and webinar formats for both group and individual sessions)
Most clinicians find that Group Supervision provides a valuable perspectives and insight not traditionally available during individual Supervision. Tammy carefully directs each Supervision group session in order to:
- Provide each participant with time to present cases and follow-up
- Allow time for each participant to ask questions and learn from other participants
- Encourage experiential intervention
Maximum participation is encouraged. Clinicians with all levels of experience and backgrounds are encouraged to participate, and all dynamics and approaches welcome. Optional homework for all Supervision courses(delete) may include reading material, videos, and other suggestions for practice of hands-on skills.
Tammy can help you manage the complex path toward certification. If you are interested in AASECT certification for sex therapists or counselors, please contact Tammy directly for details and a personalized development plan.
Select the appropriate supervision option for you below.
Group Supervision Online – Winter 2019 (Thurs – 16 hrs)
Dr. Nelson works closely with small groups in this extended 2 hour supervision to develop perspective and insight on traditional therapy concerns as well as information on up-to-date topics impacting your work with clients. All experience levels welcome.
Group Supervision Online – Winter 2019 (Weds – 12 hrs)
Dr. Nelson works closely with small groups to develop perspective and insight on traditional therapy concerns as well as information on up-to-date topics impacting your work with clients. All experience levels welcome.
The Art of Sex Therapy Supervision
The Art of Sex Therapy Supervision is a collection of scholarly writings and case narratives that sheds light on issues that sex therapists face as supervisors or supervisees and provides techniques that can be adapted to fit clients’ specific needs. Written … Read More