Join Dr. Tammy Nelson, as she delves into the research and philosophies behind the growing field of human sexuality, and explores the many ways that you can find ways to contribute the field using your own original ideas. This is a burgeoning area of discourse and development. With the advances in neuroscience, , couples and relationship therapy, energy psychology, and alternative and adjunctive treatments including EMDR and trauma work, EFT, and the physical therapies of pelvic floor coaching and rehab, and all of the breakthrough interventions in this field, anyone can find a project or book idea to develop if they have an idea to pursue or research they are interested in expanding on.
Whether you are a clinician looking for certification or an academic looking for coursework to add to your curriculum, or if you are curious about how to advance your own career through research and development of an idea, a book proposal or other project, this three-hour course is for you.
Download the webinar and enjoy at your convenience.
Taught by: Dr. Tammy Nelson
Designed for: Therapists, counselors, mental health practitioners seeking to develop their knowledge of the field of human sexuality.
Course includes: A two-part recorded teleclass, educational videos and reading material. Each part is 75 minutes in length.
3 ASSECT CEs Available in these Core Knowledge Areas (CKAs):
Sex Education: N, O, P, Q
Sex Therapy: E, F
Certified Sex and Couples Therapist (CSCT): Category 1a, 1d, 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 3a, 3c
You must complete a Feedback Form and pass a short Quiz at the conclusion of the course to get CE credit. Please email your Feedback Form and Quiz to firstname.lastname@example.org.
During this course participants will:
- Be knowledgeable about the field of human sexuality and research by the pioneers in the field of sexology and have a cursory understanding of the philosophies developed throughout the history of the field.
- Create a model for a new, unique research project and idea for the development of a project of one’s own for the advancement of the field of sexology.
- Form an idea and develop a proposal for original research, or an outline for a book proposal or survey using the principles of sex research, lit review or other research method reviewed in this course
- Defining sexology, sexual behavior
- Sex drive, sexual motivation, sexual performance
- SAR (Sexual Attitude Restructuring)
- AASEC and AASECT
- Feminist Perspectives
- Past and Present Thought Leaders
- On the Edge
- Ideas for Sexology
- Trauma and PTSD
- Adolescence and Education
- Literature Reviews
- Research Project and proposal
Meet Your instructor:
Dr. Tammy Nelson Dr. Nelson is a sex and relationship expert, an international speaker, an author and a licensed psychotherapist with over 25 years of experience working with individuals and couples, is in private practice and teaches seminars and workshops around the world for couples and professionals. She is a Board Certified Sexologist, a Certified Sex Therapist, a Licensed Professional Counselor, and a Certified Imago Relationship therapist. She is an invited speaker at Harvard Medical School, Department of Psychiatry, Cambridge Health Alliance Physicians Organization and at the University of California, Irvine. She speaks worldwide on global relational change.
**This program meets the educational requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 3 CE credits – asynchronous. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification. Completion of this program does not ensure or guarantee AASECT certification. For further information please contact email@example.com or go to www.AASECT.org. Please contact your local certifying organization for detailed information on courses they accept for CEs.