2-Part Webinar with Author Dr. Tammy Nelson
Mark your calendar now! Class size strictly limited
Tuesdays – July 20 & 27, 2021
from 4 pm – 6 pm EDT / 1 pm – 3 pm PDT Participate live online or via recording.
Do you have a writing project? Is it a blog post, an article, memoir, or nonfiction manuscript that you want to start, finish and/or publish? This course will give you space, support, and motivation to help you give birth to your dreams.
Jumpstart your writing project with 2 intense weeks of expert guidance to start, create, and develop a writing project.
Find the motivation and support to reach your writing goals. I can help you get published!
This year I have helped two writers get their proposal to an acquisition editor, and two other writers prepare their book for the journey to an agent. All of these writers consulted directly with me and I worked on their ideas and their proposal with them to get their books sold and get them a contract.
They are in negotiations as we speak.
“Working on ideas and to get writer’s books into the world is exciting for me!” – Writer/participant
- I have 10 people in my current Writing and Publishing course who are working on their dreams. These writers are taking their dreams and making them a reality.
- One writer has a book contract and is writing to the deadline.
- One writer is ready to turn in a proposal.
- One writer is almost finished with her outline and two chapters.
They are all taking their brilliant ideas and focusing them into pages that will eventually turn into books with covers, testimonials, with Amazon stars!
I have helped hundreds of writers take their concepts, their pages, and their outlines to completion. Are you next?
Join me in my next Writing and Publishing Course. Over 2 group sessions, we will meet online and start writing. We share our ideas, our projects, and read out loud. I give you prompts, instructions, and guidance, along with supplemental individual sessions and red-line editorial feedback.
There is no other course that gives you as much support, for both beginners and advanced expert writers. Join us now and start writing or finish your book.
Whether you are writing to publish nonfiction, a memoir, or a clinical book or article, this course will help you to feel motivated, break through your writer’s block, and maybe even land you a publishing contract.
Are you ready to submit your finished product to a literary agent or publishing house? Curious about self-publishing?
This course will help you decide what your best course of action will be for your book and offers free resources, guidance, alternatives, and ideas for publication.
Passionate, knowledgeable and supportive are some of the words used to describe Tammy’s approach to her writing course. I had an idea for a book but had no clue as to how to write it and how to get it published. I signed up for the writing class and felt I had guidance and direction. Tammy was an amazing teacher. Bottom line: As a result of taking the class, I signed a contract with a publisher. Thank you, Tammy” – Evan Leepson, MBA
Is writing and publishing a dream for you as it is for many therapists? You may be closer than you think to publishing a book or article that can get your name out into the world.
Participants in this group will learn the basics of nonfiction and clinical writing for full-length books, journal articles, and blog pieces.
In this workshop, we will work on beginning an idea for a writing project, creating a plan, unblocking creative flow, and writing a proposal. Participants will complete a submission for book proposals and publishing plans by the end of the 2nd week:
- We will review the positives and negatives of self-publishing versus publishing through a publishing house.
- We will review marketing plans and the creation of social media platforms to launch a book into the world.
- Participants will learn the basics of a proposal and cover letter, outline, and submission guidelines for books.
- Blogging and creating a plan for blogging will be explored.
- Participants will learn how to create time for writing and will receive feedback and critique for their writing, instructor feedback included in the course. Private consultation is available.
Agenda to cover throughout the course:
- Group work and writing work three phases
- Exercises, putting yourself into your work and your book
- Finding the perfect publisher
- Feedback and editing for your proposal
Writers need support, encouragement, and feedback. A writers group can provide positive suggestions and critique to give guidance and direction to a project that is stuck or in the vision stage.
“I loved the way you took my questions and then created a way to answer those questions, with examples, in the group. Your feedback was targeted specifically for what I needed to do now, and what I needed to do next. Thank you for helping me get launched Tammy. I now have the confidence to complete this project. This was an amazing class and you are an amazing teacher and resource. I look forward to working with you in the future.” – Ralph Butcher, MFT
About Dr. Tammy Nelson: Tammy Nelson, Ph.D., LPC is the author of several books including The New Monogamy (2012), Getting the Sex You Want (2008), and What’s Eating You (2004). Her memoir Naked TherapistTM is currently under negotiation.