A Deep Dive Into the Spirit of Intimacy
with Tammy Nelson, PhD on April 24-25, 2020
in Scotts Valley, California
Tuition $320 plus 2 nights all-inclusive accommodations priced separately
Are you ready to find more sexual satisfaction? Learn how to live in a deeper, more connected place at this vitalizing workshop led by licensed psychotherapist and sexuality and relationship expert Tammy Nelson, PhD. Tammy draws on years of clinical work and research on eroticism and sexuality to create an empowering weekend where you will discover how to bring spiritual, emotional, and erotic growth into your sex life.
- Learn how to repair attraction challenges and dilemmas and low desire relationships with erotic recovery interventions.
- Identify three phases of erotic recovery and create healing steps through the crisis, insight, and vision phase toward sexual and emotional wellness goals.
- Learn to identify accurate intervention skills for couples recovering from betrayal, affairs, and sexless marriage.
Tammy’s expert guidance will help you :
- Compare the difference between spiritual mate, companion, and erotic partner and how psychotherapy pathologizes sexuality
- State the anthropological effects on eroticism and what it takes to express erotic needs, share desires, and improve on companionship versus sex life
- Explain conceptually why pleasure avoidance influences arousal and desire and how to decrease denial, aversion, avoidance, and rejection of pleasure
- Recommend how to help couples access erotic fantasy and feel comfortable sharing with their potential or current partner and how this sexual generosity integrates split off sexuality
- Define sexual empathy and how fantasies are formed and why we desire what we do and how anxiety is healed by sexual fantasy
- Define and explore the monogamy continuum and a monogamy agreement to help couples explore and rewrite their ideal relationship.
- Identify where they are on the erotic curiosity spectrum and how this relates to the effort they put into a relationship
- Identify how the ancient art of tantra relates to more contemporary models of trauma work and sex therapy.
We all want to feel desirable, special, and unique. Sex and erotic energy are a sacred part of any life or partnership. Yet our erotic life can be fraught with conflict and power struggles. Now is the time to reignite passion through sexual generosity and integrated communication.
Whether you’re between relationships or wish to navigate pain, frustration, or longing in your relationship, you’ll take home simple techniques to honor eroticism as a spiritual space and to create sacred opportunity for sexual empathy and a deeper, more connected life.
Meets Requirements for AASECT Core Knowledge Areas (9.5 CEs): For more info on the CEs, please go here.
Sex Ed C, D, E, F, I, K, M, P
Sex Therapy A, B, C, D, E
CSCT Categories: 1a, 1d; 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d; 3a, 3b, 3c
At 1440 Multiversity, you’ll find new energy through immersion learning—setting aside daily urgencies and dedicating uninterrupted time to focus on important, but often elusive, priorities. Our unique collaboration with world-class faculty coupled with an original, inspirational curriculum and magnificent grounds make this a place like no other. Add in fresh, redwood-scented air, delicious and healthy food, deep reflection, fun exercise, and good sleep and you’ve pretty much captured what you’ll experience here.
|Included in your weekend:
To Register for this weekend retreat, please visit 1440 Multiversity’s website.
Please note: If you live within 50 miles of the campus, you can register for a commuter pass and do not have to stay on site overnight. If you do not live within 50 miles, you MUST stay on site overnight to be considered a registered guest, otherwise you will not be allowed to join.