Dr. Tammy Nelson is presenting again at special request of MAIT:
Mid-Atlantic Association of Imago and Relationship Therapists
February 8, 2019; 6.5 CEs
AASECT CEs and CEs for the Integrative Sex Therapy Institute will be issued. Please contact TammyNelsonAsst@gmail.com for more information.
Working with couples who have experienced the betrayal of infidelity can be the most challenging form of therapy. Infidelity is an erotic injury and must be repaired through erotic recovery in order for the committed partnership to move forward. Dr. Nelson will discuss eroticism after real time and online infidelity and review how to heal traumatized marriages in the current culture of a new monogamy. Healing includes integration of the couple’s relationship goals and a vision for the future. Erotic recovery includes conscious repair to the dynamic of the original attraction of the couple and a focus on pleasure.
Specific Techniques and Interventions for Erotic Recovery after Infidelity
How do we intervene after an affair if a couple wants to stay together but is struggling with trust, forgiveness, and an unclear vision of the future of their relationship? We will discuss the three phases of erotic recovery and review how to create a new monogamy agreement that focuses on authentic sexual intervention and dialogue, and not just abstinence or sensory practices. This workshop will train clinicians in accurate and effective treatment for affair recovery. Dr Nelson will guide participants through a clearly identified process with three phases of erotic recovery that will help to create a new vision for couples who choose to stay together after infidelity.
- Participants will identify three phases of dialogue of Erotic Recovery in couples choosing to stay together after infidelity.
- Participants will create a spectrum of erotic identity for their clients that will give them accurate diagnostic skills for therapy and couples treatment.
- Participants will learn accurate treatment skills to guide participants out of the victim perpetrator model and into a new vision of committed and fluid monogamy for couples who choose to stay together after infidelity.
- Participants will learn how erotic recovery from affairs is integral to ongoing recovery after infidelity.
- Participants will discover how to help couples with trust, sexual empathy and invest in ways to re-frame their views of relationship.
- Participants will learn at least two dialogue sentence stems to use with couples after infidelity for a new vision of the future.
Meets Requirements for:
AASECT Core Knowledge Areas: Sex Ed C,D, E, F, I, K, M, P: ; Sex Therapy A, B, C, D, E
Certified Sex and Couples therapy Certification (CSCT): Category 1 and 2
*Cancellations: Until January 25th– full refund less 20% processing fee; NO REFUNDS will be issued for cancellations after January 25th.
Dr. Tammy Nelson is a Board Certified Sexologist, a Certified Sex Therapist and a Certified Imago Relationship Therapist. She is an international speaker and a licensed psychotherapist in private practice working with individuals and couples. She is the founder and Director of the Integrative Sex Therapy Institute (ISTI) and travels and lectures internationally on her quest for global relational change. She is the author of several books including, Getting the Sex You Want; Shed Your Inhibitions and Reach New Heights of Passion Together (2008) and The New Monogamy; Redefining Your Relationship After Infidelity (2012). She has been a featured expert in NY Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Men’s Health, Redbookand a source in Time Magazine. She writes for the Huffington Post, YourTango, ThriveGlobal, Medium and can be followed on her blog.