Just Announced – Special 3 hr Course
July 15, 2020
Held via: Live Simultaneous Webcast
Jul 15 (Wed) 2 pm – 5 pm – BDSM and the Kink AwareTherapist (3 hrs only) — Dr. Tammy Nelson
Are you a kink aware therapist? Do you have the kink competence to work with BDSM? Can you navigate the complex ethical issues in couples and sex therapy when your clients identify as kinky?
Your clients have most likely gone to two or three other therapists before they get to you. Learn how to be the one they stick with. Help them heal from intimate shame, trauma blame, and cultural stereotypes. Deal with your own triggers and countertransference and get your questions answered.
Join Dr. Nelson and expert panel guests for this special 3-hour course as they explore:
- Clinical practical guidelines for working with people with kink interests
- Ancient, cross cultural and contemporary roots of modern kink/BDSM and how these can empower you clients
- Neurobiology of love and lust as it applies to Kink/BDSM
- How you can work effectively with couples when only one identifies as kinky
- Difference between Domestic Violence, Codependency, Abuse and BDSM
- Ethical and legal issues related to kinky clients.
Check out our other courses that same week:
Thu – July 16
- Desire from a Dozen Angles: Understanding and Treating Desire Concerns in Individuals and Couples in a Multidisciplinary Setting — Dan Rosen and Pebble Kranz, MD
- Open Monogamy – Creating and Negotiating Relationship Agreements with Dr. Tammy Nelson
Fri – July 17
- Couples and Sex Therapy Assessment: A Multi-Layered Approach with Gail Guttman, LCSW
- ADV Course: New Approaches for Patients with Multiple, Complicated, and Co-Morbid Sexual Issues with Stephen Snyder, MD
Sat – July 18
- The Affective Balance Therapy Toolbox for Working with Couples: Training in Body/Mind-based Approaches for Treating Sexual Dysfunctions with Nan Wise, PsyD
In this 4 day training you can fulfill these requirements:
AASECT Sex Ed Core Knowledge Areas covered:
Wed : A, B, C, E, F, I, J, M
Thu : A, C, D, E, F, N, O, P
Fri : A, B, C, D, E, F, H, I, N, O, P
Sat : D, E, I, M, N, P, Q
AASECT Core Sex Therapy Training Areas covered:
Wed : A, B, D, E
Thu : A, C, E, F
Fri : A, B, C, D, E, F, G
Sat : A, B
CSCT Categories covered:
Wed : Cat 1ABCD, Cat 2B, Cat 3A
Thu : Cat 2 ABCD, Cat 3 ABC
Fri : Cat 2 ABCD, Cat 3 ABC
Sat : Cat 1 ACD; Cat 2 A
You may register for any combination of individual days. Student discounts available, email TammyNelsonAsst@gmail.com. **Courses and presenters may be adjusted periodically. Please check this page or contact TammyNelsonAsst@gmail.com for most up-to-date schedule.
Included in your tuition: eWorkbook for the module, complied by Tammy Nelson, Ph.D. with additional reading material and resources.
About the Trainers:
Dr Tammy Nelson is a sex and relationship expert, an international speaker, and author of several books including, “Getting the Sex You Want; Shed Your Inhibitions and Reach New Heights of Passion Together” and her new book “The New Monogamy; Redefining Your Relationship After Infidelity.” She is a Board Certified Sexologist, an AASECT Certified Sex Therapist, and a Certified Imago Relationship therapist. She has been a featured expert in Glamour Magazine, Cosmopolitan, Redbook, MSNBC, Healthy Life Magazine, Shape, Men’s Health, Men’s Health UK, Woman’s Day, Women’s Health, Twist Magazine, New York Times, Washington Post and a source in Time Magazine. She writes for the Huffington Post and YourTango and gives workshops and Intensives for couples and trains therapists around the world on issues relating to sex and relationships. She can be found at www.drtammynelson.com
All lectures will be taught by top experts recognized in the field of human sexuality both nationally and worldwide. Other faculty may be announced at a later time.
**This program meets the educational requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 21 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification. Completion of this program does not ensure or guarantee AASECT certification. For further information please contact email@example.com or go to www.AASECT.org. Please contact your local certifying organization for detailed information on courses they accept for CEs.