July 16-18, 2020
Held in person at: The Chicago School of Psychology – Washington, DC
Held via: Live Simultaneous Webcast
– Discounts for Early Registration end June 1st –
Thu – July 16
- Desire from a Dozen Angles: Understanding and Treating Desire Concerns in Individuals and Couples in a Multidisciplinary Setting — Dan Rosen and Pebble Kranz, MD
- Open Monogamy – Creating and Negotiating Relationship Agreements with Dr. Tammy Nelson
Fri – July 17
- Healing from Affairs with Gail Guttman, LCSW
- ADV Course: New Approaches for Patients with Multiple, Complicated, and Co-Morbid Sexual Issues with Stephen Snyder, MD
Sat – July 18
- Back to the Body with Pamela Madsen
- ADV Course: Couples Therapy with Hani Miletski
**Courses and presenters may be adjusted periodically. Please check this page or contact TammyNelsonAsst@gmail.com for most up-to-date schedule.
You may register for any combination of individual days. Student discounts available, email TammyNelsonAsst@gmail.com.
Jul 16 (Thu) 9 am – 12 pm – Desire from a Dozen Angles: Understanding and Treating Desire Concerns in Individuals and Couples in a Multidisciplinary Setting — Dan Rosen and Pebble Kranz, MD
- Desire concerns are a common reason that individuals and couples present for sex and relationship therapy. These concerns include self perception of low or high desire, partner perceptions of low or high desire, desire discrepancy, and concerns about sexual frequency. Desire problems become evident in couples presenting for other concerns. Clients present for treatment with predispositions for certain approaches to problems– some want nothing to do with medical treatment and others aren’t psychologically minded in a way that makes them receptive to therapy. It is helpful to have a wide variety of tools at one’s disposal for addressing this important and difficult issue in individuals and couples. We will review neuroendocrine, psychological, relational, and contextual etiologies of desire concerns as well as a variety of approaches to treatment, the risks and benefits of being an eclectic therapist, and the value of collaboration across disciplines.
- Meets Requirements for:
- AASECT Core Knowledge Areas: Sex Ed ; Sex Therapy
- Certified Sex and Couples Therapist (CSCT): Category
Included in your tuition: eWorkbook for module, complied by Tammy Nelson, Ph.D. with additional reading material and resources.
About the Trainers:
Dr Tammy Nelson is a sex and relationship expert, an international speaker, and author of several books including, “Getting the Sex You Want; Shed Your Inhibitions and Reach New Heights of Passion Together” and her new book “The New Monogamy; Redefining Your Relationship After Infidelity.” She is a Board Certified Sexologist, an AASECT Certified Sex Therapist, and a Certified Imago Relationship therapist. She has been a featured expert in Glamour Magazine, Cosmopolitan, Redbook, MSNBC, Healthy Life Magazine, Shape, Men’s Health, Men’s Health UK, Woman’s Day, Women’s Health, Twist Magazine, New York Times, Washington Post and a source in Time Magazine. She writes for the Huffington Post and YourTango and gives workshops and Intensives for couples and trains therapists around the world on issues relating to sex and relationships. She can be found at www.drtammynelson.com
All lectures will be taught by top experts recognized in the field of human sexuality both nationally and worldwide. Other faculty may be announced at a later time.
**This program meets the educational requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 21 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification. Completion of this program does not ensure or guarantee AASECT certification. For further information please contact email@example.com or go to www.AASECT.org. Please contact your local certifying organization for detailed information on courses they accept for CEs.