This teleseminar will explore five specific clinical dilemmas in couples counseling concerning intimacy, sexuality, and infidelity, as well as some specific interventions that can be used.
Download the teleclass and listen at your convenience.
Taught by: Esther Perel, LMFT and Dr. Tammy Nelson
Designed for: Therapists, counselors, healers, and anyone else interested in the field of love and eroticism.
Course includes: A five-part recorded webinar and reading material. Each part is one hour in length.
5 ASSECT CEs** Available in these Core Knowledge Areas (CKAs):
Sex Education: B, C, D, I, M, N, Q
Sex Therapy: N/A
Certified Sex and Couples Therapist (CSCT): Category 1c, 1d, 2b, 2c, 2d, 3a
You must complete a Feedback Form and pass a short quiz at the conclusion of the course to get CE credit. Please email your Feedback Form and quiz to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Presenters discuss the following topics:
- Session 1: Secrets in therapy – Challenges and choices in the treatment of affairs and sexuality in couples therapy.
- Session 2: Sex and love on the internet – Is the internet creating new boundary definitions in relationships?
- Session 3: Mapping Erotic Attachment – Mapping the connections between the attachment blueprint and the erotic blueprint.
- Session 4: Therapist’s Love Life – Our own erotic experiences influence what we do with our patients and what we don’t.
- Session 5: Helping couples connect sexually – Guiding couples to rekindle desire and help them stretch into their deepest longings in their relationships.
Meet your instructors:
Dr. Tammy Nelson is a sex and relationship expert, an international speaker, an author and a licensed psychotherapist with over 25 years of experience working with individuals and couples, is in private practice and teaches seminars and workshops around the world for couples and professionals. She is a Board Certified Sexologist, a Certified Sex Therapist, a Licensed Professional Counselor, and a Certified Imago Relationship therapist. She is an invited speaker at Harvard Medical School, Department of Psychiatry, Cambridge Health Alliance Physicians Organization and at the University of California, Irvine. She speaks worldwide on global relational change.
Esther Perel, LMFT is recognized as one of the world’s most original and insightful voices on erotic intelligence. She is the author of the international best-seller, “Mating in Captivity.” Fluent in nine languages, she is a master trainer, lecturer and workshop leader invited around the globe for her expertise ranging from couples therapy and intermarriage to culture and sexuality. Esther holds an active psychotherapy practice in New York City. www.estherperel.com
**This program meets the educational requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 5 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification. Completion of this program does not ensure or guarantee AASECT certification. For further information please contact email@example.com.