A Special Course during the Sept 2019 ISTI session (full schedule here):
Advanced Skills in Providing Supervision and Consultation
Sept 26, 2019 – 1pm – 2pm working lunch; 2pm – 5pm : 4 CEs
Held at : The Chicago School of Psychology – Washington, DC
– Discount on this course for Early Registration end Aug 15 –
Wed – Sept 25
- Anatomy and Treatment of Sexual Pain From Puberty Through Childbirth and Into Menopause – Rivka Sidorsky
- Body Image, Eating Disorders and Sex Therapy – Tammy Nelson
Thu – Sept 26
- Desire Issues, Arousal and Chronic Pain with Disability and Illness – Melvin Lee Phillips
Advanced Skills in Providing Supervision and Consultation (This workshop will fulfill the requirement for Social Work Supervisors in the state of Maryland) (with working lunch) – Gail Guttman
Fri – Sept 27
- A Deeper Dive into the Skills of Couples and Sex Therapy – Gail Guttman
Sat – Sept 28
- Working with Monogamy Agreements and Substance Abuse: Betrayal and Orgasmic Function – Tammy Nelson
- Writing & Publishing: Learning Theory and Research – Tammy Nelson
**Courses and presenters may be adjusted periodically. Please check this page or contact TammyNelsonAsst@gmail.com for most up-to-date schedule.
You may register for any combination of individual days. Student discounts available, email TammyNelsonAsst@gmail.com.
7 CEUs per class day
Sept 26 (Thu) 2p – 5pm – Advanced Skills in Providing Supervision and Consultation – Gail Guttman (with 1 hr working lunch)
- This course is sold separately from the 4-day session of the Integrative Sex Therapy Institute. For a full schedule of the Sept session, please go here.
- This workshop will fulfill the requirement for Social Work Supervisors in the state of Maryland.
- The role of a supervisor is a vital part of training to become a psychotherapist, psychologist, social worker or counselor. However, while training in supervision is required to become a supervisor, many therapists are naturally good teachers and mentors, as well as competent in giving helpful guidance. One of the most important types of support supervisors give to supervisees is to help the supervisee find their own wisdom and creativity.Through this class we will look at individual and group models of supervision where supervisors help supervisees become more confident, competent and creative. Participants will observe and practice skills through dyads and demonstrations.In order to fulfill the requirement for Maryland supervisors, we will review the regulations of the Board of Social Work for supervision.
- During this course:
- Participants will describe four areas to explore in supervision, in line with the Maryland statute of social work supervision.
- Participants will describe two important concepts necessary for individual supervision.
- Participants will describe two important concepts integral to group supervision
- Meets Requirements for:
- AASECT Core Knowledge Areas: Sex Ed A, B, E, I, N, O; Sex Therapy A, B, C, E, F, G
- Certified Sex and Couples Therapist (CSCT): Category
All lectures will be taught by top experts recognized in the field of human sexuality both nationally and worldwide. Other faculty may be announced at a later time.
Included in your tuition: eWorkbook for module, complied by Tammy Nelson, Ph.D. with additional reading material and resources. Also included, coffee, drinks and light refreshments in the mornings.
About the Trainer:
Gail Guttman, LCSW, specializes in the integration of couples and sex therapy. With more than 30 years of experience, Gail Guttman is a couples’ therapist with a specialty in sex therapy. She offers the unique opportunity for clients to address their sexual concerns within the context of their relationship. Gail’s passion includes developing the theory and practice of integrating couples and sex therapy. She helps psychotherapists become more competent and confident in these areas. In her practice, she conducts ongoing consultation/supervision groups in which cases and theory are discussed, and an important support network for therapists is created. Gail conducts training workshops and seminars at professional associations and conferences and is a regular presenter at the Integrative Sex Therapy Institute for the last several years. She is an AASECT Certified Sex Therapist, Sex Therapy Supervisor and CE Provider. Gail is a Maryland Social Work Supervisor.Gail has presented on the subject of couples and sex therapy at the Integrative Sex Therapy Institute, Greater Washington Society for Clinical Social Workers, previous Imago therapy conferences, the University of Maryland and other professional organizations. She can be found at www.gpatherapy.com.
**This program meets the educational requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 4 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification. Completion of this program does not ensure or guarantee AASECT certification. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.AASECT.org. Please contact your local certifying organization for detailed information on courses they accept for CEs.